SalineOS is a desktop Linux distribution based on Debian and uses the Xfce desktop environment. The first version reviewed on this website was SalineOS 1.1, and that was back in February 2011 (see SalineOS 1.1 review) . There has been several versions published since then – SalineOS 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5. This article is a review of the latest […]
SalineOS is a desktop-oriented distribution based on Debian GNU/Linux, and uses the Xfce desktop environment. The latest stable release is SalineOS 1.1, released late last month. This is my first review of this distribution and also its first listing on this site. Installation: Like all Debian-based distributions that I have used or reviewed, SalineOS does not use Debian’s graphical installation […]
Subscribe to RSS Feed by Email
Friends & Supporters
- Dual-boot Linux Mint 17.1, Windows 7 on a PC with UEFI firmware 42 comments
- How to dual-boot Kali Linux 1.0.9 and Windows 7/8 on a PC with UEFI firmware 38 comments
- Will an upgrade to Windows 10 on a dual-boot system mess GRUB up? 17 comments
- Tip for dual-booting Windows 10 preview and Linux on a PC with UEFI firmware 13 comments
- PC-BSD 10.1.1 Cinnamon review 11 comments
- Rancher beta released
- Deploying a Python App with MongoDB Replicaset using Rancher and RancherOS
- xhyve: A lightweight OS X virtualization solution
- How to run CoreOS Linux under xhyve
- Deploy a Kubernetes development cluster with Juju!
- How many containers can you run on your machine?
- A Brief Primer on Docker Networking Rules