A number of tutorials have been published on this site, written with the non-expert user in mind. Most of the tutorials have been on how to configure Linux Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in the Linux distros with support for it. To make it easier to find these tutorials, we a listing them all in this post. So here they are in order of their date of publication:
- Basic benefits of using LVM
- How Linux distros configure and manage LVM
- Configure LVM in Mandriva Linux Free 2009: Written for Mandriva Linux Free 2009, but also applies to Mandriva Linux Powerpack 2009
- How to configure LVM in Foresight Linux: Written for Foresight Linux, but because CentOS, StartCom, and, to some extent, Fedora use the same installer, you could use this article as a guide to creating a custom LVM setup in all four distros. Special instructions for Fedora are available here.
- LVM configuration in Ubuntu 8.10