The FreeNAS development team has announced the availability of FreeNAS 0.69 Release Candidate 1. FreeNAS is an open source, m0n0Wall-based Network Attached Storage (NAS) cum Storage Area Network (SAN) server.
Here’s a list of the major changes in this release:
- Modify password handling for user ‘admin’. Because of that the password will be set back to the default which is ‘freenas’
- Add quixplorer 2.3.1 to administrate file system via web browser. It is accessible via http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/quixplorer or WebGUI ‘Advanced|File Manager’. Administrator can login via user ‘admin’ and the WebGUI password. Local system users have access to /mnt only
- Replace PHPMailer with msmtp SMTP mail client
- Add UPS email notification
- Upgrade lighttpd to 1.4.20, e2fsprogs to 1.41.3, Adaptec AACRAID 32/64-bit driver to v5.2.0 Build 15753, arcconf to 5.30.17509, scponly to 4.8
The complete list of changes and bug fixes is available here